Drop-Off & Pick-Up
Parking Lot Safety Guidelines and Procedures
Please park in designated spots only (not ends of parking area). We have limited parking so our designated drop-off zones are for curbside drop-off / pick-up only.
- Curbside drop off should take a few seconds.
- Pull up, say your goodbyes, and go.
- Do not get out of your car.
- Do not sit and watch student go to playground. Kiss & Go!
- If you need more time, park in the correct parking area.
- Please do not leave your car unattended.
- All cars must move for any emergency vehicles.
As our handbook states, the following procedures apply:
- The bus loading / unloading zones are for School and Childcare buses only and not for dropping off or picking up.
- Cars should not be left unattended in the drop-off / pick-up area in front of the school, or along the drop-off area that exits from north to south out of our lot.
- When picking up or dropping off your child(ren) for school, do not park along the curb line of the parking lot because the flow of traffic will be blocked. Please pull into a parking space. The curb line includes the entire curb, including west of the crosswalk towards the middle school. Your patience and cooperation will ensure a safer environment for our students.
- Direct your child(ren) to CROSS ONLY AT THE DESIGNATED CROSSING AREAS.
- 5 mph is the expected rate of speed for all vehicles.
- The school employees who direct traffic and cross students are acting in the best interests of our children. Please respond to their requests and follow their directions, in a kind respectful way.
- Please be patient and model good driving behavior, crosswalk-use behavior, and courtesy to fellow parents and school staff who strive to keep all children safe.
- Thank you for your help with keeping our school and students safe.